SAVE YOUR LIVES WITH RESIDENTIAL FIRE ESCAPE LADDERS
We all know how much devastation fire can cause and we take various steps to try and protect our homes and loved ones from the effects of fire. However, no matter how carefully you are, fires can still break out for a number of reasons from electrical faults through to criminal damage and we need an emergency escape. Even if you have smoke detectors in your home or apartment building, which are essential for all homes, there is no guarantee that you will be able to get to an accessible opening in your home as a result of the fire. This would then leave you and your loved ones trapped and in danger with no means of escape until the emergency services arrive. However, as many people will know by this time it may be too late.
The good news is that there are steps that you can take in order to reduce the risks and potentially save your life and the lives of others in your home with an escape route. Residential fire escape ladders are inexpensive but can provide that all-important safety net that could make all the difference in the event of a fire breaking out in your home and leaving you with no escape plan or access to escape. With one of these residential fire emergency escape ladders to hand, you can make escaping from the building far easier for you and your loved ones. While there is little that you can do about the damage to your home and belongings, the most important things will be safe: you and your family.
Where Should You Have These Emergency Escape Ladders?
These portable fire escape ladders are not expensive to buy and, considering that they can save lives, they are a very good investment. Jumping out of ground floor windows isn’t an issue in the event of a fire but trying to get out of upper floor ones could be. This is why you should aim to have one of these emergency fire ladders in each occupied room that is on the upper floors of your home. This means that everyone in your home will have a ladder that they can use if a fire does break out and they can then safely get outside via the window and without hurting themselves in the process.
As they are very compact, the ladders are not difficult to store and will not take up lots of room, which is another reason to consider having one in each occupied upper floor room. This then means that you can all escape safely without having to worry about only having one set of ladders available for the whole family. Remember, other people in your home may not be able to get to your room to use the ladders depending on where the fire is. If they all have their own ladders, they can make their own escape.
The Benefits Of Having Fire Escape Ladders At Home
There are many benefits that you can look forward to when you have these ladders available in your home. Remember: while a fire alarm is important to alert you to a fire, it cannot stop the fire or aid your escape other than through early notification. However, with these ladders, you can actually get out of the property when a fire breaks out. Some of the main benefits of having these ladders available at home include:
- They are easy to store: You can different types of residential fire escape ladders and all of them are very easy to store. You don’t have to worry about them taking up lots of room in your home or being too heavy to lift, as they come in compact form. You can stash them away in any cupboard or closet in the bedrooms upstairs so they can be easily accessed if needed but will not get in the way otherwise.
- Their inexpensive pricing: One of the great things about these ladders is that they are not expensive to purchase, which means that you won’t have to spend heaps of money in order to benefit from this protection for you and your loved ones. There are different types of ladders and the pricing can vary based on the one that you choose. Also, the retailer you buy from and the manufacturer can affect pricing. However, there are options to suit all budgets so you should have no problem finding one to fit in with your price range.
- Peace of mind: When you have the additional protection of these ladders in the upper floor rooms of your home, you benefit from total peace of mind. This is because they provide an extra element of protection for everyone in the family and you have a far better chance of escaping in the event that a fire breaks out. While nobody wants to experience this sort of devastation, fires can happen in the most unlikely circumstances. Therefore, you need to take precautions to ensure that everyone can get out of the property if they need to, and this is exactly what these ladders will enable you to do.
- Working alongside your fire alarm: It is vital to have smoke alarms fitted in your home on every floor to ensure that people are alerted in the event of a fire. However, if you are alerted to the fire but you cannot escape from the room you may find yourself stuck. These ladders can work alongside your smoke alarm to provide you and your loved ones with protection, as the smoke alarms can alert you to the danger and the ladders can provide you with a means of escape if there is no other route available.
- Easy to use: Residential fire escape ladders are designed to be simple to use, so you should have no problem getting to grips with them. There are different designs to choose from so all you need to do is take a look and see which ones you feel will be the best ones for you and your family to use.
- A choice of different ladder types: You can look forward to a choice of fire ladders for your home in a range of different designs. This includes ones that attach to the window sill and release sturdy ladder rungs to climb down safely to the ground. There are also rope ladders that you can invest in although the metal ones are the safest option particularly if you have younger children.
- Ability to save lives: Last, but certainly not least, these ladders can save lives. Many people lose their lives each year in home fires and this causes devastation for those left behind. However, something as simple as these fire ladders can actually avoid this tragic situation and help people in your home to escape to safety rather than leaving them trapped in a potentially deadly situation.
Choosing The Right Ladders For Your Home
When it comes to choosing fire ladders for your home, you can find a range of models, makes, and designs that you can choose from. You should compare the different ones to determine which ones are going to be best suited to your needs. Some of the things you should look at include:
- The cost of the ladders: While cost should certainly not be a primary consideration for something as important as this, you do need to compare costs to ensure you can find ones that fit in with your budget. However, you also need to make sure that you never compromise on quality when it comes to these ladders, as this could affect the quality and effectiveness of the product.
- The type of ladders: You also need to think about the type of ladders that you want to invest in. While the rope ladders are cheaper and may be fine if it is just adults living at the property, the metal ones are the safest bet and are far sturdier. Remember, if there is a fire you will probably be in a state of panic so swinging about on a rope ladder may not be the best bet.
- Quality of the ladders: You should make sure that the ladders you buy are of good quality and made by a reputable manufacturer. You can even look at consumer reviews to get an idea of what they are like, how easy they are to use, and how effective they are. You can then make a more informed decision about your choice of residential fire ladders.
A Final Word: Making Sure You Do Some Fire Drills
As a final word, you should make sure that once you buy fire ladders for your home, everyone knows where they are stored and everyone knows how to use them. Make sure you do some practice runs with the family so that they are all aware of what they have to do in the event of a real fire. This reduces the risk of anyone struggling if they have to use the ladders in a real fire situation.
Residential fire escape ladders are inexpensive but can provide that all-important safety net that could make all the difference in the event of a fire breaking out in your home and leaving you with no escape plan or access to escape.